One in three UK smartphone or tablet owners have never enabled push notifications on their connected devices and 78% of those who have enabled it would immediately delete the app or disable the notification if they were unhappy with the push notifications they receive, a DMA UK survey has found. Sales promotions (34%), new product launches (26%) and location-based offers (24%) top the list of push notifications consumers are most willing to receive.
- Fidesmo opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Seoul light rail system trials face recognition ticketing
- PBOC to launch third digital yuan trial in Shenzhen
- Global digital wallet spending to top $10tn in 2025
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
This article is more than six years old