Mobile network operator Orange has formally launched its NFC transit ticketing service in the Spanish city of Valencia. To use the service, passengers download the Mobilis app and link a payment card. The launch follows pilot phases that have been underway in Malaga since February 2012. The service will soon be expanded to the nearby city of Alicante.
- Moscow Metro to roll out biometric ticketing across entire network
- Forecast: Global digital ticketing transactions to top 33.8bn in 2023
- Shanghai to let residents use digital health code to pay public transport fares
- San Diego switches to account-based contactless transit ticketing with fare capping
- TransLink uses ticketing data to show passengers in Vancouver how busy their bus is likely to be
This article is more than seven years old