Mobile network operator Orange has formally launched its NFC transit ticketing service in the Spanish city of Valencia. To use the service, passengers download the Mobilis app and link a payment card. The launch follows pilot phases that have been underway in Malaga since February 2012. The service will soon be expanded to the nearby city of Alicante.
- California begins state-wide rollout of fare capped open loop contactless ticketing
- Finnish cities roll out open loop contactless fare payments
- Google Pay to add transit payments to home screen
- Transport for Ireland adds NFC transit card top-ups for iPhone users
- Octopus to let Hong Kong cardholders pay for transit fares in mainland China
This article is more than six years old