Mobile network operator Orange has formally launched its NFC transit ticketing service in the Spanish city of Valencia. To use the service, passengers download the Mobilis app and link a payment card. The launch follows pilot phases that have been underway in Malaga since February 2012. The service will soon be expanded to the nearby city of Alicante.
- Moscow to complete contactless ticketing rollout by end 2021
- Paris adds support for iPhone transit card top ups
- Kenya to combine cashless payments with Covid contact tracing on Matatu minibuses
- Dubai adds Nol transit cards to Huawei NFC smartphones
- Paris to let Apple users add transit cards to iPhones?
This article is more than six years old