Mobile network operator Orange has formally launched its NFC transit ticketing service in the Spanish city of Valencia. To use the service, passengers download the Mobilis app and link a payment card. The launch follows pilot phases that have been underway in Malaga since February 2012. The service will soon be expanded to the nearby city of Alicante.
- Visa reports on contactless transit ticketing adoption
- LA Metro to let passengers add their TAP transit card to Apple Pay ‘this year’
- Turin rolls out contactless payments on bus and subway services
- Chinese city rolls out face verification ticketing on bus and subway services
- STIB switches on contactless payments across Brussels
This article is more than six years old