US mPOS provider CardFlight is to make use of Apple’s new Touch ID API to provide an extra level of security to merchants using its SwipeSimple service with an Apple iPhone. “Merchants will have the option to log in to their mobile payment application via scanning their fingerprint using Touch ID, rather than entering the traditional email address and password,” the company says.
- Mastercard unveils enhanced contactless payment specifications
- BNP Paribas to offer biometric payment cards to premier card customers
- BIS to build proof of concept platform for cross-border CBDC payments
- Fidesmo opens NFCW Expo showcase
- PBOC to launch third digital yuan trial in Shenzhen
This article is more than six years old