Poland’s Planet Cash shared ATM network is to allow users to withdraw cash with finger vein biometrics, network operator ITCard has announced. The biometric solution is being provided by Hitachi Europe and will be rolled out to 2,000 ATMs across the country this year.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Kazakhstan to roll out face recognition transit ticketing in 2021
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
This article is more than six years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday