San Francisco Soup Company, operator of 17 soup, salad and sandwich restaurants around the Bay Area, has selected mobile solutions provider Punchh to create a customised mobile guest rewards program. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons will “automatically identify loyalty program members with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones as they come near to or enter a SF soup restaurant”, the company says. The new program will launch next month on both iOS and Android.
- Shell lets motorists make hands-free contactless fuel payments at the pump with RFID
- US Department of Agriculture to trial NFC and QR mobile payments for contactless state benefits
- Samsung includes NFC, UWB and MST contactless technologies in foldable phones and wearables
- Apple Pay expands to Malaysia
- German football club trials NFC scarves that let fans access the stadium and receive special offers
This article is more than eight years old