Australia’s Westpac bank is to launch its NFC mobile payments service next month, with credentials stored in the embedded secure elements offered by some Android phones. “We are in the final stages of testing the embedded mobile payments functionality on the Android with a view to release this to customers by the end of April,” James Kirby, head of payments strategy at Westpac, has told NFC World.
- Ticketing agency lets fans buy tickets via NFC App Clips
- Wine company uses NFC to tackle counterfeiting and enhance customer experience
- ANA invites passengers with NFC phones to pilot IATA digital travel pass
- Apple AirTag ‘hack’ indicates dynamic NFC capability
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
This article is more than seven years old