An NFC payments service using host card emulation (HCE) is being tested in-house by Australian transactional banking services provider Cuscal. The company aims to make the solution commercially available mid 2014, as either a client-branded mobile app or via an API, enabling its clients’ customers to use their mobile phones to make payments at any Visa payWave contactless terminal.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than seven years old