MasterCard has agreed to acquire NFC technology provider C-Sam. “C-Sam’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will aid development efforts to enable consumers to use MasterPass both in-store and online across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR, barcodes and remote checkout,” says MasterCard. C-Sam’s NFC customers include DNP, Eftpos Australia, Isis, Starhub and TrustNordics.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than seven years old