STMicroelectronics has introduced a range of ‘dynamic NFC tag memories’ — dual interface ICs designed for adding NFC functionality to utility meters, printers, cookers, washing machines, digital cameras and other consumer electronics and electrical devices. The new M24SR series is ideal for enabling Bluetooth pairing, says ST, or for resetting the clock on appliances after a power cut or a change in daylight saving hours.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11