Some 930m contactless smart cards will be shipped in 2013, an increase of 41% on 2012, Eurosmart has reported at Cartes 2013. The smart security industry trade body expects around 250m NFC secure elements to ship this year.
- Apple AirTag ‘hack’ indicates dynamic NFC capability
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
- NFC Forum releases specifications for secure data transfer between NFC devices
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
This article is more than seven years old