Chinese phone manufacturer Umi is to introduce two Android 4.2 smartphones with NFC. The Umi X2S features an eight-core processor and a 5-inch 1080p display while the Umi Cross is a 6.44-inch Full HD phablet. The Cross will be available from the start of November 2013 at around £300.
- Germany to begin rollout of open national digital identity service ‘later this year’
- Croatian merchants to leverage NFC for in-store consumer reviews
- Xiaomi picks NXP’s mWallet 2Go to add payments to Mi Smart Band 4
- Apple to let brands and merchants use NFC tags to provide easy access to mini apps
- Apple unveils NFC car keys
This article is more than six years old