Chinese phone manufacturer Umi is to introduce two Android 4.2 smartphones with NFC. The Umi X2S features an eight-core processor and a 5-inch 1080p display while the Umi Cross is a 6.44-inch Full HD phablet. The Cross will be available from the start of November 2013 at around £300.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than seven years old