Chinese phone manufacturer Umi is to introduce two Android 4.2 smartphones with NFC. The Umi X2S features an eight-core processor and a 5-inch 1080p display while the Umi Cross is a 6.44-inch Full HD phablet. The Cross will be available from the start of November 2013 at around £300.
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
This article is more than seven years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday