Mobile network operator Movistar has partnered with Banco Santander, Samsung, Oberthur Technologies and MasterCard to conduct Chile’s first NFC payments trial. Two hundred people will take part in the pilot, using Samsung Galaxy S III mobile phones running an NFC payments app developed by Movistar and Banco Santander. A commercial launch is planned “before the end of 2013”.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than seven years old