The Hôtel de Ville in Paris, the largest municipal building in Europe and home to the French capital’s city council, has introduced NFC and QR-enabled signage developed by Connecthings. Tapping or scanning a sign enables visitors to download an app they can use to get step by step directions to individual offices and other locations within the building.
- Penn State researchers develop NFC sensors that can be printed directly onto human skin
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
This article is more than seven years old