Cinemagoers in the Australian regions of Victoria and New South Wales won free gifts for interacting through NFC thanks to a promotion run by Nokia and NFC platform provider Tapit. Visitors were encouraged to tap NFC enabled Nokia handsets to NFC lanyards worn by theatre staff for a chance to win, resulting in 1,535 interactions over 96 hours and delivering 242 prizes, says Tapit.
- Mattel to expand its Hot Wheels ID NFC toy range
- Apple to let vehicle owners share NFC car keys via Messages
- Android 11 to add support for mobile driving licences
- Chrome browser adds support for reading and writing NFC tags
- ST explains how NFC can be combined with blockchain technology to deliver smarter supply chains