There are now 36 different mobile phones that support NFC payments on the market in France, up from 26 in February 2013, the AFSCM reports, and a total of 3.5m consumers now have a Cityzi compatible NFC phone, up from 2.5m in February. “We see a real acceleration of NFC equipment rate at the national level, making it now possible to deploy large scale services leveraging this technology” says Thibault Dreuille, the association’s CEO.
- NFC Forum certifies Cilab for TR13.1 wireless charging testing
- ST provides insight into using NFC tags to enhance consumer experiences
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement