A total of 30m NFC SIMs were shipped globally by members of the SIMalliance in 2012 — an 87% increase on 2011. The Japan/Korea region was the largest market with 21m NFC SIMs shipped, followed by Western Europe at 6m. SimAlliance members, who account for 90% of the global market, shipped a total of 4.6bn SIMs in 2012, up 6% on 2011.
- NFC Forum certifies Cilab for TR13.1 wireless charging testing
- ST provides insight into using NFC tags to enhance consumer experiences
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement
This article is more than nine years old