NXP Semiconductors shipped 125m NFC chips for smartphones and tablets in 2012, beating previous projections. The chip maker’s figures received a boost when Samsung shipped 40m Galaxy S III smartphones equipped with NXP chips in the final six months of the year. Samsung is, however, believed to be using Broadcom NFC technology in the new Galaxy S4.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than eight years old