Italian bank UBI Banca has teamed up with mobile network operator Vodafone to pilot an NFC payments service in the city of Varese. The new Enjoy Mobile Payments service lets participants store a UBI Banca prepaid card on a Samsung Galaxy S III NFC phone and then make payments at any merchant equipped to accept MasterCard PayPass contactless transactions.
- Samsung unveils ultra wideband Smart Tags
- Hyundai to let drivers use their iPhone to unlock their vehicle
- Samsung adds support for UWB and NFC digital car keys
- Vaccine credentials coalition to develop interoperable digital Covid-19 passport
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
This article is more than seven years old