New Delhi-based mobile wallet provider xpWallet has introduced an NFC ticketing solution for bus and train operators that lets commuters purchase tickets from conductors equipped with NFC phones. Travellers can either tell the conductor their destination and tap a contactless travel card or NFC phone to the conductor’s device to buy a ticket, or they can tap the conductor’s phone on both entry and exit so that the closed loop system can calculate and charge the right fare.
- Smart lets teachers log in to interactive displays via NFC
- Hyundai to add support for Apple NFC car keys
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
This article is more than nine years old