New Delhi-based mobile wallet provider xpWallet has introduced an NFC ticketing solution for bus and train operators that lets commuters purchase tickets from conductors equipped with NFC phones. Travellers can either tell the conductor their destination and tap a contactless travel card or NFC phone to the conductor’s device to buy a ticket, or they can tap the conductor’s phone on both entry and exit so that the closed loop system can calculate and charge the right fare.
- Fitbit Charge 4 launches with NFC contactless payments
- ST to host NFC reader webinar
- RBC speeds up bank account opening with NFC passport reading
- Cole Haan deploys NFC tags across Santa Clara store
- NXP launches NFC digital car key solution