Canada’s CIBC bank has picked Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) as the trusted service manager for its rollout of NFC payments with Rogers Wireless. G&D’s TSM service will be used to securely download and provision the CIBC Mobile Payment Application and the credentials required for contactless payment transactions using NFC phones. CIBC is also using technology from Tsys for its NFC service.
- Germany to begin rollout of open national digital identity service ‘later this year’
- Croatian merchants to leverage NFC for in-store consumer reviews
- Xiaomi picks NXP’s mWallet 2Go to add payments to Mi Smart Band 4
- Apple to let brands and merchants use NFC tags to provide easy access to mini apps
- Apple unveils NFC car keys
This article is more than seven years old