Canada’s CIBC bank has picked Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) as the trusted service manager for its rollout of NFC payments with Rogers Wireless. G&D’s TSM service will be used to securely download and provision the CIBC Mobile Payment Application and the credentials required for contactless payment transactions using NFC phones. CIBC is also using technology from Tsys for its NFC service.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than eight years old