55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11