55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- Patent-holding company sues Apple over NFC technologies
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
This article is more than eight years old