55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
- UK to trial digital Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passports
- Emirates NBD leverages NFC to verify the identity of new account holders
- LG includes NFC in new Magic Remote control for smart TVs
- IATA to launch digital travel pass for contactless ID and vaccination verification
This article is more than eight years old