Event ticketing and payments specialist Intellitix has opened an office in Sydney, Australia. The company’s RFID and NFC based systems will offer Australian music fans easy access, cashless payment and social media features at large events, while providing organisers with analytics and tools to fight ticket fraud and touting. The company already has offices in the US, Canada and the UK and has issued more than 2.5m tags at festivals including Coachella, Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza over the last 18 months.
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
This article is more than seven years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday