Event ticketing and payments specialist Intellitix has opened an office in Sydney, Australia. The company’s RFID and NFC based systems will offer Australian music fans easy access, cashless payment and social media features at large events, while providing organisers with analytics and tools to fight ticket fraud and touting. The company already has offices in the US, Canada and the UK and has issued more than 2.5m tags at festivals including Coachella, Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza over the last 18 months.
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
- NFC Forum releases specifications for secure data transfer between NFC devices
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
This article is more than eight years old