Miami-based NFC specialist Flomio has turned to crowdfunding to finance production of a plug-in device that will bring NFC to Apple’s iPhone and iPad. The ‘Flojack’ is a lollipop-shaped NFC transceiver that plugs into an iOS device’s headphone jack. The first Flojacks will ship in March 2013 if US$80,000 is raised on Kickstarter by 26 November.
- French government to include NFC passport reading in digital identity app
- NXP updates Android NFC TagWriter app
- McKinsey includes NFC tags in Mall of America technology showcase store
- German government adds iPhone NFC identity card reading to digital ID app
- NXP picks Cilab’s NFC tester to support customers developing EMV 3.0 POS terminals