Miami-based NFC specialist Flomio has turned to crowdfunding to finance production of a plug-in device that will bring NFC to Apple’s iPhone and iPad. The ‘Flojack’ is a lollipop-shaped NFC transceiver that plugs into an iOS device’s headphone jack. The first Flojacks will ship in March 2013 if US$80,000 is raised on Kickstarter by 26 November.
- Apple AirTag ‘hack’ indicates dynamic NFC capability
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
- NFC Forum releases specifications for secure data transfer between NFC devices
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
This article is more than eight years old