Canada’s first commercial NFC payments service is set to launch on 15 October, according to documents seen by Mobile Syrup. Rogers and CIBC bank’s new “Suretap” service will launch with support for BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 NFC phones, the Canadian mobile news site reports.
- CaixaBank uses NFC to let customers check in to flagship bank branch of the future
- Salvation Army adds NFC chips to Red Kettles
- NFC Forum appoints Mike McCamon as its new executive director
- Chick-fil-A adds NFC tags to restaurant tabletops
- UK government includes iPhone NFC passport reading in iOS Brexit app