A Kickstarter project that will offer consumers building blocks for easy home automation, monitoring and control is set to support NFC. SmartThings, which aims to “connect the things in your physical world to the internet,” has already exceeded its crowd-sourced funding target of US$250,000 with 25 days to go. “We love NFC and plan for SmartThings to support it within our mobile apps,” say the developers.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than eight years old