Nokia is to begin shipping a Windows Phone 8 NFC device, codenamed the Phi, during the last week of October 2012, according to the Nokia Innovation blog. The Nokia Phi is believed to be the successor to the Lumia 800 and will be one of three Nokia WP8 phones launched at that time.
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
- JCB, Mizuho Bank and Fujitsu to test blockchain-based identity exchange technology for securing transactions
- Florida to introduce mobile driving licences
This article is more than eight years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday