Phone maker HTC is set to announce a mobile payments partnership with Taiwan’s Cathay United Bank, transportation card issuer EasyCard and MasterCard, according to Taiwan’s Central News Agency. “The PayPass card will become Taiwan’s first innovation to integrate the functions of a credit card and an EasyCard into a micro-sized memory card, enabling mobile payments on the island when it is inserted into the HTC Incredible E smartphone,” says CNA.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than nine years old