Austrian mobile network operator A1 has begun the second phase of its Paybox NFC payments trial, with the expansion of the service to 5,000 customers, Der Standard reports. Both fast food giant McDonald’s and supermarket chain Merkur are taking part in the pilot, which was first announced in April.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than eight years old