Austrian mobile network operator A1 has begun the second phase of its Paybox NFC payments trial, with the expansion of the service to 5,000 customers, Der Standard reports. Both fast food giant McDonald’s and supermarket chain Merkur are taking part in the pilot, which was first announced in April.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11