Chip maker Marvell has launched the Avastar 88W889, the first chip to include support for both 802.11ac WiFi and NFC. First announced at this year’s Mobile World Congress, the new chip is designed to be built into Ultrabooks, tablets, gaming consoles and smart TVs.
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
- JCB, Mizuho Bank and Fujitsu to test blockchain-based identity exchange technology for securing transactions
- Florida to introduce mobile driving licences
This article is more than eight years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday