The mobile wallet offering from Sweden’s four network operators is to be called WyWallet and is due to launch in mid-2012, Lars Aase of Swedish mobile payments specialist Accumulate has told NFC World. The joint venture will be going head to head with peer-to-peer payments startup Swish, which is backed by Nordea and five other banks and will launch in the autumn.
- Penn State researchers develop NFC sensors that can be printed directly onto human skin
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
This article is more than eight years old