HTC is to release an NFC version of its new Desire C mid-range phone. The handset, positioned as an ideal first smartphone, runs Android 4 and features Beats audio. “An NFC variant of this model [allows] users to make payments or access information and offers,” says the company. The Desire C is expected to be available from June and will retail at around £170, according to Engadget.
- NFC Forum certifies Cilab for TR13.1 wireless charging testing
- ST provides insight into using NFC tags to enhance consumer experiences
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement
This article is more than 10 years old