HTC is to release an NFC version of its new Desire C mid-range phone. The handset, positioned as an ideal first smartphone, runs Android 4 and features Beats audio. “An NFC variant of this model [allows] users to make payments or access information and offers,” says the company. The Desire C is expected to be available from June and will retail at around £170, according to Engadget.
- EU to report on its investigation into Apple Pay next week?
- NFC testing innovator Cilab opens NFCW Expo showcase
- STMicroelectronics opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Apple rolls out iOS 14 with support for NFC app clips
- GlobalPlatform releases secure customer authentication specification
This article is more than eight years old