The European Commission (EC) has started a public consultation to find out what framework is needed to unleash the potential benefits of the coming ‘internet of things’. “An internet of things with intelligence embedded into everyday objects is the next big thing,” says Neelie Kroes, the EC’s vice president for the digital agenda. “I want to promote an internet of things that serves our economic and societal goals, whilst preserving security, privacy and the respect of ethical values.”
- General Motors to replace car keys with face biometrics?
- ST provides brands with guidance on how best to implement NFC tags
- UK government publishes digital identity framework
- NFC Forum explores the role of NFC in mobility-as-a-service applications
- Accor to let hotel guests access their rooms with their smartphone
This article is more than eight years old