Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- Samsung adds support for UWB and NFC digital car keys
- Vaccine credentials coalition to develop interoperable digital Covid-19 passport
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
- UK to trial digital Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passports
- Emirates NBD leverages NFC to verify the identity of new account holders
This article is more than eight years old