Visa has certified Intel‘s smartphone reference design (SRD) for use in NFC payments and formed a strategic alliance with the chip maker, designed to develop mobile commerce solutions tailored to consumers in developed and developing countries. “Our work with Visa also extends to our customers designing products based on Intel’s smartphone reference device,” says Intel’s Mike Bell.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than nine years old