Poland’s MultiBank and mBank have begun the second phase of their NFC pilot, opening up the trial to consumers for the first time by providing competition winners with an iCarte accessory they can attach to their iPhone to make mobile payments. Some 35,000 points of sale in the country are currently equipped to accept contactless payments and this number is expected to rise to more than 200,000 by the end of 2015.
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11
- Ahold Delhaize to roll out NFC shelf edge labels in supermarkets across Europe
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems
- Bluey Merino to use NFC tags to guarantee the authenticity of its clothing