Canadian start up ZapTap is using NFC tags instore to give product information to shoppers. By tapping tags on a shelf using a smartphone, consumers will be able to see further information, reviews and offers for the products on display. The service can also offer live customer service and feedback and a merchant ‘dashboard’ gives retailers real-time data on usage of the service.
- Real-time video shows Cilab’s high-speed NFC tester in action
- NFC Forum releases four new specifications
- Fifteen US universities to add student IDs to Google Pay
- NTT Docomo combines UWB and NFC for hands-free payments at the POS
- Cambridge Consultants combines NFC and machine vision for next generation interactive bar