Semiconductor maker Melexis has launched an NFC transceiver chip designed and rated for use in the automotive market. The MLX90132 Transceiver IC comes as a 5x5mm QFN package and is expected to be used in keyless entry systems, alarm and immobilizer control and user preference configuration. The chip, produced in partnership with STMicroelectronics, is available in sample quantities now.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than nine years old