Semiconductor maker Melexis has launched an NFC transceiver chip designed and rated for use in the automotive market. The MLX90132 Transceiver IC comes as a 5x5mm QFN package and is expected to be used in keyless entry systems, alarm and immobilizer control and user preference configuration. The chip, produced in partnership with STMicroelectronics, is available in sample quantities now.
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
- UK to trial digital Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passports
- Emirates NBD leverages NFC to verify the identity of new account holders
- LG includes NFC in new Magic Remote control for smart TVs
- IATA to launch digital travel pass for contactless ID and vaccination verification
This article is more than eight years old