Semiconductor maker Melexis has launched an NFC transceiver chip designed and rated for use in the automotive market. The MLX90132 Transceiver IC comes as a 5x5mm QFN package and is expected to be used in keyless entry systems, alarm and immobilizer control and user preference configuration. The chip, produced in partnership with STMicroelectronics, is available in sample quantities now.
- Real-time video shows Cilab’s high-speed NFC tester in action
- NFC Forum releases four new specifications
- Fifteen US universities to add student IDs to Google Pay
- NTT Docomo combines UWB and NFC for hands-free payments at the POS
- Cambridge Consultants combines NFC and machine vision for next generation interactive bar