Nearly 20,000 NFC tags from UPM RFID will be embedded in smart posters and stickers used to promote Helsinki’s year as the World Design Capital. The BullsEye NFC tags feature NXP’s Mifare Ultralight chips and will direct smartphone users to download a WDC 2012 app which acts as a guide to events and the 300 design projects taking place in the Finnish capital during 2012.
- MintID protects precious metals with NFC chips
- Paachn adds NFC tags to face masks
- DutchPicks integrates NFC tags into guitar picks
- Real Sociedad to add NFC tags to soccer shirts
- Transact rolls out Android NFC student IDs at 16 US universities
This article is more than eight years old