Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
This article is more than nine years old