Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11