A bug in Android 4’s NFC implementation prevents Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus phone from writing NDEF messages to unformatted tags. First reported on the XDA Developers forums, the problem also affects other devices running Ice Cream Sandwich and is now being addressed by Google: “We’re aware of this issue, and it will be fixed in next upcoming release,” says the company.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11