Swedish mobile operators Telia, Tele2, Telenor and 3 have formed a mobile payments joint venture. The new company plans to launch a mobile wallet by mid-2012 which will allow Swedes to pay for services such as public transportation and parking. All operators will offer the same product, making it easier for customers to switch providers.
- Real Sociedad to add NFC tags to soccer shirts
- Transact rolls out Android NFC student IDs at 16 US universities
- BYD to offer NFC keys as standard on all new cars
- NFC Forum formally adopts TNEP standard for bidirectional NFC data exchange
- NXP adds ultra-low power chips for eco-friendly smart home devices
This article is more than eight years old