Starbucks has processed more than 20 million mobile payments since rolling out the application in January, according to VentureBeat. Users with the coffee chain’s mobile applications can pay with their smartphones at 9,000 locations by showing an on-screen barcode at the cash register. At its recent earnings call, the company disclosed that there are now over a million smartphones with at least one registered Starbucks Card.
- UK government includes iPhone NFC passport reading in iOS Brexit app
- Invenco picks Cilab to speed up EMV development and testing
- Kraft Heinz promotes cheese slices with tamper resistant NFC tags
- French government to include NFC passport reading in digital identity app
- NXP updates Android NFC TagWriter app