Durban is to introduce a contactless electronic wallet for use on its public transport network which can also be used to pay for purchases in shops. The Muvo card rollout will begin with a six week pilot on the South African city’s buses from February 2012. The system has been developed by South Africa’s National Department of Transport (NDoT), Almex and Standard Bank’s Beyond Payments unit.
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
- UK to trial digital Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passports
- Emirates NBD leverages NFC to verify the identity of new account holders
- LG includes NFC in new Magic Remote control for smart TVs
- IATA to launch digital travel pass for contactless ID and vaccination verification
This article is more than nine years old