Commuters in Philadelphia, USA, could be paying for ticketless travel with contactless bank cards and NFC mobile phones within three years. Rail, subway, tram and bus operator Septa is expected to award a US$100m contract for a contactless fare payment system later this month, reports Philly.com.
- Invenco picks Cilab to speed up EMV development and testing
- Kraft Heinz promotes cheese slices with tamper resistant NFC tags
- French government to include NFC passport reading in digital identity app
- NXP updates Android NFC TagWriter app
- McKinsey includes NFC tags in Mall of America technology showcase store